KW Clubsport coilovers were developed for enthusiasts who demand a better handling car when participating in track day events, but also require a setup that could be used every day. The Clubsport was specifically designed for the Nordschleife using track day tires. By using the optional adjustable top mounts, the suspension geometry can be adjusted to the requirements of tires and the intended use. The mentioned adjustment options combined with the independently adjustable rebound and compression Dampening technology allow a suspension setup according to the vehicle load, tire characteristics and different track conditions. KW Clubsport meets every demand regarding a coilover for the usage on the road and the race track.
- Height adjustable coilovers
- Performance setup for the racetrack
- Dampers in compression & rebound forces independently adjustable
- Use of high performance linear race springs
- In stainless steel technology inox-line
- Additional available with racing top mounts
- TÜV approval possible depending on the specification
The rebound adjustment, produced with the widest range of adjustment for that specific vehicle, is carried out by an adjustment spindle at the end of the piston rod. Most of all, the rebound controls the car body vibration, but at the same time the Dampening range also affects the handling and comfort at low speeds. With the rebound adjustment, the car can be adjusted to the demands of the driver; the driving impression can range from comfortable ride quality to a tighter and tense ride with improved road-holding characteristics.
The compression adjustment takes place at the lower end of the shock absorber by our patented multi-purpose valve. The number of pre-adjustable parameters of this valve allows a wide range of adjustments. The unique low-speed compression adjustment makes this technology unique. Within this Dampening range, the driving behavior of the car is strongly influenced. An increasing Dampening force already supports the car at the compression and therefore avoids rolling motions. The steering behaviour significantly improves.
High-Performance Race Springs
The new KW high-performance springs are produced from specially alloyed and tempered spring steel, and the increased resilience of the material enables new spring designs with reduced spring thickness. This makes the springs up to 30% more efficient than conventional racing springs. With the same overall length this means:
- more suspension travel
- higher block loading
- lower weight
- shorter overall spring length
- improved freedom of wheel movement
- further weight reduction
- Shock Technology: 2-way
- TÜV approved
- Front lowering adjustment ranges: 0-30 mm (0-1.2 inches)
- Rear lowering adjustment ranges: 5-30 mm (0.2-1.2 inches)
- Front spring rates 400 lbs/inch
- Rear spring rates: 855 lbs/inch
- Chevrolet Corvette (C5); all models incl. Z06 Complete coilover kit incl. leaf spring removal 1997-2004
- Chevrolet Corvette (C6); all models excl. Z06 & ZR1 Complete coilover kit incl. leaf spring removal 2005-2013
- Height adjustable on the front and rear axles (threaded strut housings)
- Not for vehicles with electronic dampening
- Standard leaf spring has to be dismantled!
- Without German TUV certificate, optional with stability confirmation for individual registration according to - 21 German law, clubsport top mounts generally witout TUV certificate.